Saturday, March 30, 2013

The End

I don't think i have ever been this stress free so close to an enrichment project due date. I think i have had that feeling throughout the project, it was relativity stress free. The project was probably one of my favorites, it may not have been my parents favorites but I really liked it. Its gonna be a little sad when I no longer get to spray paint whenever I feel like it.

With my TED talk being on Monday, and my scheduled being more crowded then i anticipated, and a lack of materials, I wasn't able to reach one of my goals. So i wont have a 5 foot painting to display at my TED talk like I had planned. To be honest I have no idea what i would have put on it. Getting ideas for my 7 small paintings was hard enough, I had no idea what I would have put on 5 feet of blank paper. That was also part of the reason I didn't do it. With the 7 smaller pieces i was able to throw out pictures I didn't like or that didn't look like they were going to end well. With a 5 foot banner I would have had to commit to an idea and get it right the first time, which normally doesn't work for me. But I am pretty happy with the way my 7 came out.

Oh yah, these are the pictures I talked about in my last post. I figured I would just post them all at once rather than make 2 different posts.





It was allot of trial and error, and trying different techniques. Alot of failure and anger was involved. But that failure was good failure, which I will talk about in my TED talk (get excited! whoot whoot).

And here are my final 7 pieces, I waited to leave them all for my last post so its like a grand reveal. They progress in order they were painted, the first being the first I painted and the last being the last I painted. Some of the techniques I used were from watching videos, others I made myself. 





(He's one of my favorites)






Lets do this TED talk!









4 comments:

  1. That painting of the planets is SO sick Abby. You should put that up somewhere. I know this creek in Ambler and it has a bridge that cars go over and the bridge has one really thick wall that used to have a lot of graffiti on it but then they painted over it pitch black and I'm pretty sure that its still blank, that would be an amazing canvas for that. You could do it like giant and you probably won't get arrested?? Anyway I think your improvement is really evident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cara, the planets are really cool. I also like the monster guy and the star. Your project is really cool, I'm sorry you didn't reach one of your goals, but I think you have a lot to show for it without the big banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your blog, I've developed a large amount of respect for spray-painting artists. Aside from the fact that many take their skills to vandalism, it does take a lot of talent to make something that looks so good. Yours look really awesome, by the way! I wish I could see your TED talk. Your project was one of my favorites! Are you going to keep spray painting after your talk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully ill be able to continue. As long as i have the money and the time, and as long as my parents have the patients ill keep spray painting

      Delete