Monday, February 25, 2013

What I Hate So Far

1.) Its cold outside
2.) Its windy outside
3.) Spray paint is supper sticky and cold
4.) Good spray paint Isn't cheep

Now I have to so this all outside unless I want my whole house to smell like spray paint. And my mother is not a huge fan of the smell. And due to the season it isn't very warm out. The wind and cold don't mix well with spray paint. Spray paint likes to blow away, and the metal can loves to make it feel like your holding a bottle of ice.

Spray paint is also supper sticky, like way too sticky. It sticks to everything. My hands, my gloves the can, itself. Basically,it will stick to everything but the paper. And when it sticks it stays. I should have a fun time trying to get it off the bottom of my camera.

Now if you are at all interested in spraypainting I recommend you do not get the $.97 bottles of back and white. You might think yah, sure ill be using this color allot might as well buy the cheep one. Well don't, they are crap. They don't dry fast, they don't cover well, and they hurt you hands when you try to use them

Asides from all that my first attempt was somewhat successful. My first project was HOT! literally. But you will learn about that in my Vlog. My second picture was pretty cool, and everything after that sucked. Like  I cannot do letters for my life.

This is my second picture!
Then this is my first attempt at lettering... it is suppost to be my initials.


5 comments:

  1. I love the second picture that you made! How were you able to make the planets? Did you use a stencil or did you free-hand them? The stars look nice too, not all being the same size. Have you been reading different sources about how to spray paint? I also like the picture with your initials. The different layers of spray paint make the letters three dimensional and it looks like something I would find spray painted on the side of a building! I don't know why you don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your topic and appreciate that it is an out of the box idea! I have a proposal for you: would you like to spray paint my a hat to wear while I street dance? Also, did you create the circles in the first picture free handed because if you did then I have to say you are most certainly on your way towards becoming a successful spray painter. Lastly, your initials were not that awful! They were readable at least! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like this idea! I was even considering doing it myself, but I'm happy you decided to do it instead! I'm excited to see what you're pictures look like by the end of the 7 weeks (although they wouldn't be half as good as mine, being the well-aclaimed artist I am) and if you ever feel like yours look bad (which they don't) just picture what mine would look like it if tried.... Also, my cousin is really into graffiti and stuff and he got this awesome book that is really detailed. Just let me know if you want it and I'll ask him what it's called! I really recommend it. I was paging through it a while back and there are some really detailed (but interesting) instructions just on how to hold the can properly. So if you ever want it, just tell me! Best of luck on the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, this is great, and I WANT that 2nd picture. I love how these look, and can't wait to see how you improve even more over time. In addition, I'm kind of obsessing over your theme/background. It's amazing. Your goals look reasonable, and I am really excited for you to do this, as I always thought graffiti was awesome. In a legal way of course. Um, I don't really know how to rephrase that, so I hope you know what I meant. I'm glad that this project didn't turn out to be what I thought it was, splatter painting. That would have been to easy and I'm glad you chose such a challenge. Good luck, and I seriously want these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby, great job so far! Your 2nd picture was REALLY REALLY good! Rather than just spraying a green dot, the viewer can really see the amount of layering that went into the planets. Although you may think your letters are bad, they really aren't as you can see the wind blew the paint a bit. My suggestion to counteract that is to actually spray paint in your garage. For the Culture Sculpture project, my group had to spray paint a giant vending machine, and we did most of that in the garage, although it did smell awful, it wasn't in the house. Also if you do take that advice, make sure you wear a mask as it can get really stuffy. Overall this project seems to really fit your personality, and you seem to be extremely invested in your project. Keep up the good work and I hope to see some more great paintings!

    ReplyDelete